What is a headstone? Is it the same thing as a grave marker?
-Several terms are used to refer to gravesite markers. These include headstone, gravestone, marker, memorial, monument and tombstone.
What do I need to do before I place my order?
- Please contact your local cemetery to understand if there are any size or height limitations as different cemeteries have different allowances. Please be sure you know if there are any size limitations in your cemetery before you finalize your order.
What is the cost of a headstone, monument, memorial, upright or grave marker?
- Pricing for headstones vary depending on size, color, and style.
- We can help you decide on a size of stone, type, color, design and whether or not you prefer to add a photo of your loved one. Our design team can work with you to create a personalized marker within your price range.
Do flat granite markers include a base?
-No, Flat Markers are buried up to their top edge as to allow cemetery workers to drive maintenance vehicles over the area safely. No base is required for these.
Are there any additional fees?
- The cost of a custom size, color or design will vary depending on the specific request. Please contact us for more information.
- Ceramic Photo and Custom Artwork are available for an additional cost. Please contact us for more information and pricing.
How do I pay for my headstone?
- You may purchase a granite headstone from us with any Cash, Certified cheque, E-transfer or Direct Deposit. Please contact us about the best method of payment for you.
Can I have my order delivered outside of Terrace?
- Yes, there are options for delivery outside of Terrace, using Bandstra Transportation, Greyhound or other means; the total costs to be covered on your invoice. Please contact us for more information.
How heavy is a granite marker?
- Headstone weights vary depending on size and thickness. The standard Flat Memorial Marker is 85lbs for a 12x20x3 Stone. Larger Memorials can Weigh upwards of 1200lbs for a single piece.
Can I see what my granite memorial will look like before I place the order?
- Yes, a layout and design proof will be reviewed and approved by the individual in control of any account before we finalize any order for production.
What happens if I need to make a change to my order?
- Contact us immediately with any changes that you require. Please note that any changes to an order may result in an additional fee. The cost of the fee depends on the status of your order.
Does the cemetery need to approve the headstone?
- Most cemeteries adhere to certain specifications that may include size, color and material of the marker. You should always check with your cemetery before placing an order what you allowance is for your plot.
How is the headstone produced?
- We utilize a sandblast carving process to set the text and images into a memorial after a design is completed and approved by the client. Letters and art are painted in high contrast colors (Black paint on white/grey stones, white paint on dark stones)
Can I put a rush on my order?
- We may be able to rush your order; however rush charges and additional freight may apply. Please contact us for a quote.
Can I purchase a custom size headstone?
- Yes, custom colors and sizes are available. We can customize any size, shape, or color. Please call us for more details and a quote.
What is Included in the Price of purchasing a memorial?
-Personalized Lettering (No per letter charge)
This includes all given names for the deceased, dates of birth and pass and the epitaph.
*Images and photos are additional fees*
Copyright © 2022 Spirit Stones - All Rights Reserved.